Just found out that our local bagel place is serving testicles!

Ok, I know this sounds wacked, but I went to get my bagel and shmear (with capers, yum!) and I saw this poster on the door:
 
They looked pretty good, so I asked my bagel barista, Sammy, for a dozen, and he replies that they only have enough meat for 4-5 at this time. "Have enough meat?"  What does that mean.  Well apparently, bagel balls are actually made of  TESTICLES from BULLS.  Yes, I am serious. Like rocky mountain oysters?  Yep. This wasn't on the poster or mentioned in any other media related to the "bagel balls".  So Sammy and I go way back, and I think he is putting me on, so I go back in the kitchen to see what is going on:
 
 
No kidding around, it's a bull testicle being sliced and diced to be be cooked and then put inside a bagel.  I am not sure how to feel about this, and I know nothing about how these testicles were harvested or how the bulls were treated, but I do know that I like my bagels with cream cheese, NOT with sliced reproductive organs.


No comments:

Post a Comment